Skip to main content

It's A Boy!

As I mentioned a little bit ago, my wife and I are expecting another baby in December.  Yesterday my wife had an ultrasound, the one where you can find out the sex of the baby, and there it was.  The first this thing we see is the interspecies sign of malehood.  There is a very tiny man rolling around inside if my wife.

He was pretty photogenic and they didn't find anything concerning in the ultrasound.  We are definitely a bit surprised, I mean after two girls in a row you start to see a pattern I guess.

We're excited to have a boy.  It'll be interesting to see how different he will be from his sisters.  When we would ask Lucy if she wanted a brother or a sister she has been telling us she wants a brother and has been insisting that there is a brother in mommy's tummy.  I guess we should have been listening to her this whole time.

We have no idea on a name yet.  Amanda just won't agree to Hezekiah, I have no idea why. ;) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch time in The Dirty!

    The Dalles has quite a few restaurants relative to it's size.  Some are great some are down right bad.       These are my five favorite places to eat lunch in The Dalles in no particular order.  Some are old favorites and others are relatively new establishments.  All serve delicious food and drink. Montira's Thai     Montira's is the only thai place in town.  But that lack of competition doesn't keep them from delivering a quality product.  Other restaurants of the Asian  variety  have them beat as far as portion size and price go but they  serve  a quality product consistently.  I can't say that about many other places in town.     Montira's serves really great food for a decent price.  Just be warned if you ask for extra-spicy you will feel it all the next day...  But its worth it if you really like spicy. Spooky's     Spooky's is one of t...

Playing Mari0 on Ubuntu 12.04

If you are looking to play Mari0 on Ubuntu you may have run into a bit of a roadblock because love 0.8.0 is not yet available for Precise from the love-unstable ppa.  No need to worry though the .deb file for Oneiric will work just fine.   First download the .deb from launchpad, either amd64 or i386 .  Then install dependencies by running. $ sudo apt-get install libdevil1c2 libmng1 libfreetype6 libgl1-mesa-glx liblua5.1-0 libphysfs-1.0-0 libsdl1.2debian libopenal1 libogg0 libvorbis0a libvorbisfile3 libflac8 libflac++6 libmpg123-0 libc6 libgcc1 libphysfs1 libstdc++6 Then install the love-unstable with dpkg ~/Downloads$ dpkg -i love-unstable_0.8.0~r1028-0oneiric1_<amd64/i386>.deb Run  love-unstable on mari0  ~/mari0$ love-unstable mari0_1.3.love Enjoy what is possibly the coolest crossover game of all time.

Writing Goals

  Recently I came to the conclusion that I should write more often.  That is, I believe, I should start to consider myself a "writer."  That's the main reason there's been a bit of an increase in publishing to this blog (going from zero over the past few years to a couple times a month is a pretty huge jump).     I, like most humans, have thoughts and opinions which are a product of the times and places in which I live.  I figure I can do my part for future historians and write a few of them down.  I also just might have enough creative juice to pump out a story or two. This blog   I'd like to post to this blog at least once a week from now on, or at a minimum once a month.  Really, anything at all would be better than what I've been doing.  I'll mainly write about my life, family, interests, and opinions about, current events and local and state politics (I'll try to steer clear of national issues for my own sanity).  Pretty...