Skip to main content

What's been happening the last six months anyway

t's been about six months since I've posted anything here or G+ or any other social network for that matter.  So what I have been up to for the part six months?  Well I'll tell you.

Vegas

  Vegas, I've never had much of a desire to go here no matter how much its been romanticized in our culture.  Its the place to be if you want to make a lot of bad decisions but it is also the place to be if you want to see Celine Dion in concert, which I do obviously.

We saw a lot of slot machines, ads for prostitutes and re-creations of cool statues and buildings.  Only the later of which I really liked but hey you can't see any of those things just any old place.  We also ate some pretty great food including some at restaurants of celebrity chefs like Gordon Ramsay and Wolfgang Puck and I am a sucker for celebrity chefs.

Celine was awesome.  I mean, it was worth it to fly all the way down there just to see the greatest diva of all time belt out love songs while seated next to my awesome wife whom I love.


Having another baby


  This is the biggest thing that has happened in the last six months in my life.  Though, I suppose its not really going to "happen" until around December.  This is one of those occasions in life where I'm both excited and a bit terrified, while at the same time not quite fully aware of the reality of the situation (though that belly is growing so I'm sure this will wear off sooner or later).  We're  finding out the sex of the little person Thursday.

Some how I think knowing it is a little boy or a little girl will make it seem more like a reality, easier to contemplate what the future will be like.  For now when I think about what the future of my family it is a lot of chaos and poopy diapers, so about the same as now. ;)

Bike stolen

  That's right some ass hat just walked right into my front yard and took my sweet ass commuter bike right away from me.  This is my own fault I suppose for leaving it unlocked right in front of my house but hey I hadn't had a problem with it for the past year and a half or so.  I hope they tried shifting to the second front sprocket with the bent tooth and wrecked their face into the pavement... Just say'n

  However I did have several people volunteer to lend/give me their unused bicycles mainly fairly distant acquaintances (thanks again to all those people).  So I guess that proves that the world isn't completly full of a-holes. 

Disney world

  My wife and I love Disney.  We have probably the largest library of Disney movies I have ever seen in my entire life and we can kick anybodies but at Disney Scene It!  Oh and are kids kind of like it too.

  So what could be more fun than taking the family on a big ol' vacation  to Disney World.  Disney World is definitely huge, a little to huge in my opinion.  I prefer the simplicity of Disney Land over the overwhelming enormity of Disney World.  There are however a much wider variety of parks to experience.  Epcot and the Magic Kingdom where my personal favorites.

  All the people and activities were occasional a bit overwhelming for the high-reactive introverts in my family (including myself) but it was a ton of fun when you look at it as a whole.  I mean what grown man doesn't want to be able to say the have autographs from every Disney princess?

  Probably not doing that again for a while though an empty beach or forest sounds a lot more appealing at the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Goals

  Recently I came to the conclusion that I should write more often.  That is, I believe, I should start to consider myself a "writer."  That's the main reason there's been a bit of an increase in publishing to this blog (going from zero over the past few years to a couple times a month is a pretty huge jump).     I, like most humans, have thoughts and opinions which are a product of the times and places in which I live.  I figure I can do my part for future historians and write a few of them down.  I also just might have enough creative juice to pump out a story or two. This blog   I'd like to post to this blog at least once a week from now on, or at a minimum once a month.  Really, anything at all would be better than what I've been doing.  I'll mainly write about my life, family, interests, and opinions about, current events and local and state politics (I'll try to steer clear of national issues for my own sanity).  Pretty much whatever I fee

Lunch time in The Dirty!

    The Dalles has quite a few restaurants relative to it's size.  Some are great some are down right bad.       These are my five favorite places to eat lunch in The Dalles in no particular order.  Some are old favorites and others are relatively new establishments.  All serve delicious food and drink. Montira's Thai     Montira's is the only thai place in town.  But that lack of competition doesn't keep them from delivering a quality product.  Other restaurants of the Asian  variety  have them beat as far as portion size and price go but they  serve  a quality product consistently.  I can't say that about many other places in town.     Montira's serves really great food for a decent price.  Just be warned if you ask for extra-spicy you will feel it all the next day...  But its worth it if you really like spicy. Spooky's     Spooky's is one of those places that this town wouldn't be the same without.  Its almost the default place to meet peo

Ubuntu games?

    One of the things I have been doing very little of for the last several years is PC gaming.  This is probably mostly due to a complete lack of a Windows machine in my life.  Plus with all of the great games available for Android my needs as a casual gamer are more than met.     However, this years humble bundled has reignited my interest in PC gaming.  I got it and installed a couple of the games on my Ubuntu machine.  So far they are a lot of fun especially VVVVVV .  This got me asking "what else can I play on Ubuntu?"  Turns out there is a plethora of free open source games, some awesome, some not so much.  Many are available from the   Ubuntu Software Center and many you have to hunt down around the web.     One thing that keeps many Windows users from Ubuntu (or any Linux OS for that matter) is a supposed lack of games.  This is simply not the case.  While yes many of the commercial PC games are only available for Windows or at best OS X, there are many free