Skip to main content

Ubuntu Games: Wasteland 2 coming to Linux

    Wasteland 2 has reached 1.5 million dollars pledged on Kickstarter.  That is the goal they have set to go fully cross platform, releasing for Mac and Linux in addition to Windows.


    Wasteland 2 is a fan funded sequel to the classic post-apocalyptic game Wasteland This is really exciting news for anyone who is a fan of post-apocalyptic RPGs and gaming on their Linux machines.  Wasteland 2 promises to be a high quality Baldur's Gate style turn based, party based, RPG video game.  Personally I am a big fan of the post-apocalyptic genre of anything (movies, books, video games) plus I love Ubuntu operating system, so this is really exciting news.


Ubuntu gamers around the world rejoice!

Comments

  1. NO. FRICKIN. WAY.

    Best. RPG. Ever. I've been waiting so long for a sequel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ubuntu Games: Retro Blazer demo

    Loved blasting Nazis in  Wolfenstein?  Hacking apart demons or whatever in Doom?  Just plain get nostalgic for running around inside a pseudo-3d environment, gunning down your enemies?  Me too!        Retro Blazer is a truly retro FPS based on the Darkplaces game engine .  Missed using arrow keys?  They got you covered.  Retro Blazer just released a demo/alpha test for all us FPS lovers to download and play.  It's a lot of fun and so far the alpha release seems very stable.  Don't worry about  the game crashing to much.       To play Retro Blazer on Ubuntu simply download it , unzip and execute the proper binary (probably  darkplaces-linux-x86_64-sdl and  ignore all those .exe files...).  The game is also available on Windows and OS X. Get it!     If you are a terminal junky  here is a quick how to.  Fir...

New Years Resolutions 2014

  I don't normally do new years resolutions.  I typically keep a long list goals in my head; I'm sure some of them fall out every once in a while.  But I figure it is not bad to write  some of these goals down and put a 12 month deadline on them.  Writing down, publicly stating and setting deadlines for goals is like some kind of weird magic sauce that makes you actually want to get shit done. Pay mortgage down to $110k   Having a 30 year mortgage with a 0% down payment we essentially started out behind and only making slightly more than the minimum monthly payment has not given us much progress.  Even with adding on to our house we are still under water. As it sits now the mortgage is at about $129,700.  I'd like to get that number down to $110,000 by the end of the year.  That will set us up nicely to be able to refinance and start saving for another house.  According to my lender if we keep making the normal payment I will b...

What I learned from being a stay at home, homeschooling, dance dad.

  I was recently subjected to some kind of a sick experiment, in which all my free time was completely taken away, my rights to privacy relinquished.  I survived at the mercy of an oligarchical panel of tiny despots.  Yes, I was a stay at home parent.   It isn't as easy as I thought. I don’t know about other homeschooling parents but I have a very picturesque view of how things should go.  Children gathered around listening intently to unabridged classic literature. My six year old asking thoughtful questions about historical figures and the times and places in which they lived. With the utmost patience and joy my kids sounding out words of poetry, naturally learning phonetic rules in beautiful rhythm.  We'd have nature walks every afternoon with plenty of time for music and art.   By now you can probably tell, I don’t do most of the schooling in my house.  Turns out my fantastic idea of how homeschooling should be was jus...