Skip to main content

Best Bible application on Android?

    The easy winner is in my book is The Bible App from YouVersion and LifeChurch.tv.  It is by far the most popular Bible application on android and was one of the 100 most downloaded apps for both iPhone and iPad.


    The Bible App has just about every Bible translation you can think of from the KJV to the Message.  Many of which are downloadable for offline use for free in case you are ever off network and still want the convenience of reading on your phone.  It also has several languages with multiple translations for most languages.


    One of my favorite things about YouVersion is that they have literally hundreds of reading plans for those of us who need a little help figuring out what to read.  There are whole Bible reading plans for reading the entire bible in some amount of time, typically a year.  My personal favorite is the M'Cheyne one year reading plan.  The also have topical reading plans about a wide variety of topics and partial Bible reading plans, for example reading Psalms in 31 days.


   YouVersion is totally awesome on mobile devices and is being improved upon all the time.  I personally would never be able to read the Bible in a year without it in my pocket.  The one place in my opinion that it falls short is with the website.  It is just a little cluttered and the social elements just seem a little out of place. It's not as intuitive and easy to navigate as say esvbible.org (which doesn't support more than one translation obviously).


    All and all the YouVersion Bible App is awesome for reading on the go, on the toilet... or wherever.  The reading plans that YouVersion offers are excellent to help you read through a book or the whole Bible.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch time in The Dirty!

    The Dalles has quite a few restaurants relative to it's size.  Some are great some are down right bad.       These are my five favorite places to eat lunch in The Dalles in no particular order.  Some are old favorites and others are relatively new establishments.  All serve delicious food and drink. Montira's Thai     Montira's is the only thai place in town.  But that lack of competition doesn't keep them from delivering a quality product.  Other restaurants of the Asian  variety  have them beat as far as portion size and price go but they  serve  a quality product consistently.  I can't say that about many other places in town.     Montira's serves really great food for a decent price.  Just be warned if you ask for extra-spicy you will feel it all the next day...  But its worth it if you really like spicy. Spooky's     Spooky's is one of t...

Ubuntu Games: Bitsnake

    Who doesn't love a classic game of snake?  No one?  That is what I thought!     Bitsnake is just that a classic snake game written in Python.  A snake game written in a language named after a snake you say!  Well actually it's named after the British comedy troupe, but still...     You know snake right.  They game where your goal is to eat "apples" and try not to run into the wall or yourself.  Simple, classic big fat time killer. Get it!     You can download the game here .  Just unrar and play.  Here is a quick how to for you terminal junkies... First make sure that you have the correct dependencies. $ sudo apt-get install python-pygame Download the rar file. $ wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitsnake/files/bitSnake_source.rar Extract that rar. $ unrar x bitSnake_source.rar Play the game!  $ cd bitSnake/ && python bitSnake.py

Writing Goals

  Recently I came to the conclusion that I should write more often.  That is, I believe, I should start to consider myself a "writer."  That's the main reason there's been a bit of an increase in publishing to this blog (going from zero over the past few years to a couple times a month is a pretty huge jump).     I, like most humans, have thoughts and opinions which are a product of the times and places in which I live.  I figure I can do my part for future historians and write a few of them down.  I also just might have enough creative juice to pump out a story or two. This blog   I'd like to post to this blog at least once a week from now on, or at a minimum once a month.  Really, anything at all would be better than what I've been doing.  I'll mainly write about my life, family, interests, and opinions about, current events and local and state politics (I'll try to steer clear of national issues for my own sanity).  Pretty...