Skip to main content

April Goals Update

Running goals

Since setting some running goals for the year I've increased my weekly distance by about 10 km more or less meeting my target distance for each week.  I've also done better than I expected at improving my pace so far.  I participated in the Cherry Festival 10k run where I had a new personal record time for a 10k (57:46 according to strava).  

However, this last week I've started to feel sluggish and worn out every run.  I've been running three times a week since I started adding distance.  One of those runs for the last several weeks has been a 10k.  Last weeks pace was the first time since I started that I did not make my pace goal  I felt pretty miserable all week.  I think it's time to run four times a week at shorter distances and not have a weekly 10k until it's a necessity to reach 40k per week goal.  I'm only about half way through my goal of building up to that distance per week and I don't want to feel miserable the entire time.  So far this week 4 runs 7k or less feels much more manageable.


Writing goals

Dearest readers I have failed you!  I only contributed 3 blog posts to the cosmos last month.  I guess I should try for at least five this month.  Putting a sufficient amount of research and thought to make a well formed opinion is a lot more time consuming than its sounds.  I did write a first draft for a little short story which is none too exciting and will probably never see the outside of my drive folder,.  Better than nothing which is really my goal I suppose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lunch time in The Dirty!

    The Dalles has quite a few restaurants relative to it's size.  Some are great some are down right bad.       These are my five favorite places to eat lunch in The Dalles in no particular order.  Some are old favorites and others are relatively new establishments.  All serve delicious food and drink. Montira's Thai     Montira's is the only thai place in town.  But that lack of competition doesn't keep them from delivering a quality product.  Other restaurants of the Asian  variety  have them beat as far as portion size and price go but they  serve  a quality product consistently.  I can't say that about many other places in town.     Montira's serves really great food for a decent price.  Just be warned if you ask for extra-spicy you will feel it all the next day...  But its worth it if you really like spicy. Spooky's     Spooky's is one of t...

Playing Mari0 on Ubuntu 12.04

If you are looking to play Mari0 on Ubuntu you may have run into a bit of a roadblock because love 0.8.0 is not yet available for Precise from the love-unstable ppa.  No need to worry though the .deb file for Oneiric will work just fine.   First download the .deb from launchpad, either amd64 or i386 .  Then install dependencies by running. $ sudo apt-get install libdevil1c2 libmng1 libfreetype6 libgl1-mesa-glx liblua5.1-0 libphysfs-1.0-0 libsdl1.2debian libopenal1 libogg0 libvorbis0a libvorbisfile3 libflac8 libflac++6 libmpg123-0 libc6 libgcc1 libphysfs1 libstdc++6 Then install the love-unstable with dpkg ~/Downloads$ dpkg -i love-unstable_0.8.0~r1028-0oneiric1_<amd64/i386>.deb Run  love-unstable on mari0  ~/mari0$ love-unstable mari0_1.3.love Enjoy what is possibly the coolest crossover game of all time.

Ubuntu Games: Bitsnake

    Who doesn't love a classic game of snake?  No one?  That is what I thought!     Bitsnake is just that a classic snake game written in Python.  A snake game written in a language named after a snake you say!  Well actually it's named after the British comedy troupe, but still...     You know snake right.  They game where your goal is to eat "apples" and try not to run into the wall or yourself.  Simple, classic big fat time killer. Get it!     You can download the game here .  Just unrar and play.  Here is a quick how to for you terminal junkies... First make sure that you have the correct dependencies. $ sudo apt-get install python-pygame Download the rar file. $ wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitsnake/files/bitSnake_source.rar Extract that rar. $ unrar x bitSnake_source.rar Play the game!  $ cd bitSnake/ && python bitSnake.py